STANDARD COMPETITION TERMS
1. Qualifying Persons
1.1 Comp4u operate competitions – skill based games resulting in the allocation of prizes in accordance with these terms and conditions on the website www.comp4u.co.uk
1.2 The Competitions are open to all persons aged 18 and over except Comp4u employees.
1.3 Comp4u.co.uk reserves the right to close a customers account at any time, if they feel the customer is abusing the services, being abusive to other customers or staff or they have the belief that it is not genuinely the customer that is entering.
1.4 You must be located within the United Kingdom, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man or Channel Islands to enter.
2. Legal Undertaking
2.1 By entering a Competition the entrant (‘Entrant’, ‘you’, ‘your(s)’) will be deemed to have legal capacity to do so, you will have read and understood these terms and conditions and you will be bound by them and by any other requirements set out in any related promotional material.
2.2 Competitions are governed by English Law and any matters relating to the Competition will be resolved under English Law and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
2.3 In the event that you participate in a Competition online via the Website, and by accepting these terms and conditions you confirm that you are not breaching any laws in your country of residence regarding the legality of entering our Competitions. Comp4u will not be held responsible for any Entrant entering any of our Competitions unlawfully. If in any doubt you should immediately leave the Website and check with the relevant authorities in your country.
3. Competition Entry
3.1 Competitions may be entered via the Website. Comp4u.co.uk , may run multiple competitions and may be operated at the same time and each Competition will have a specific prize.
3.2 Availability and pricing of Competitions is at the discretion of Comp4u and will be specified at the point of sale on the Website.
3.3 Your Comp4u.co.uk Account(s) In order to enter a Competition, you will need to register an account with us online. When registering an account online you will be asked to provide an email address or sign in via a social media account, such as Facebook, Twitter or Gmail (‘Social Media Account’)
3.4 When playing a Competition online via the Website, follow the on-screen instructions to: (a) select the Competition you wish to enter and when you are ready to purchase your Ticket(s), provide your contact and payment details. You will need to check your details carefully and tick the declaration, confirming you have read and understood the Competition terms and conditions; (b) once you have purchased your Tickets, play the Challenge when your payment has cleared we will then contact you by email to confirm your entry into the Competition.
3.5 Comp4u reserves the right to refuse or disqualify any incomplete entries if it has reasonable grounds for believing that an Entrant has contravened any of these terms and conditions.
3.6 To the extent permitted by applicable law, all entries become our property and will not be returned.
3.7 The Entrant can enter the competitions a maximum number of times as displayed on the individual prize page. The limit is per person. Maximum tickets purchased per person shown on each individual prize page. Maximum ticket numbers vary per competition based on number of tickets available/price of tickets. Any person found to be over the maximum tickets allowed in the draw will have the excess numbers removed and refunded.
3.8 The competition closes when the last number is taken, no more entries after this point will be accepted. We will also close a competition early if it does not sell out by the guaranteed draw date – ticket sales will close and we will draw the prize regardless of how many tickets are sold on the guaranteed draw date.
3.9 All entrants must create an account prior to entering, and supply an email address and contact telephone number to proceed in the competition.
4. Promotion Periods
4.1 Each Competition will run for a specified period. Please see each Competition for details of start and end times and dates (‘Promotion Period(s)’).
4.2 Once a prize draw date has been called and confirmed on the prize listing page, we will draw the prize on that date regardless of ticket sell out. Once a guaranteed draw date is set, we will not extend a competition.
5. Competition Judgement
5.1 Comp4u , 100% random ball spinning machine will determine the winner of each competition. Every draw will be live streamed on Facebook.
5.2 In the event of the ball machine not being available, the online Google Random Number Generator will be used. This will be demonstrated live streamed on Facebook before entering the required numbers for that specific competition, ie 1 to 60, 1 to 500, 1 to 1000 etc.
5.3 Due to the nature of the winning judgement there will only be one 1st prize winner per competition. Some competitions may have runners up prizes.
5.3 Comp4u will attempt to contact Winner(s) using the telephone numbers and email address provided at the time of Entry (or as subsequently updated) and held securely in our database. It is the Entrant’s sole responsibility to check and update these details. If for any reason they are taken down incorrectly, Comp4u will not be held responsible. Entrants must carefully check their contact details have been recorded correctly.
5.4 Once a winner is drawn they will own the prize offered in the competition and we will make every effort to contact them until the prize is delivered. Under no circumstance will the prize be forfeited.
5.5 In the event that the Comp4u closes a Competition early, the Winner will be selected from all valid and eligible entries received by Revcomps.com prior to the date of closure.
5.6 All Entrants are automatically entered onto Comp4u database for the purpose of conveying information as to the status of their Competition, as well as any future Promotions or Competitions offered by Comp4u.
5.7 All prizes will be drawn regardless of ticket sell out on the guaranteed draw date as set/shown on the website. Cash alternatives are not offered in place of prizes. Draws are not extended past the guaranteed draw date.
- Winner’s Details6.1 All Winners will also be required to provide photographs and/or pose for photographs and videos, which may be used in future marketing and public relations by Revcomps.com in connection with the Competition and in identifying them as a winner of a Competition.
If the winner really does not want a photo taken then we will respect that but for the good of the competition and benefit of other entrants a photo of the winner and their prize would be nice.
6.2 Following receipt and verification of the details requested above by Comp4u , the Winners will be contacted in order to make arrangements for delivery of the prize.
7. Competition Prizes
7.1 Comp4u prizes are determined, selected by the managing directors of the company and are owned by Revcomps.com from the date of the competition going live on the website to the date that the winner receives the prize. All prizes are picked and purchased by Comp4u and in that case this is the prize the winner will receive. Details of each prize can be found on the website on the competitions pages. Comp4u take no responsibility of the prize awarded after delivery, once the winner receives the prize Comp4u does not insure the prize. No insurance comes with the prizes and Comp4u cannot be held responsible for the prize once handed over to the winner.
7.2 Delivery to the winner is free. Comp4u has a right to charge the winner delivery fees if they want the prize delivering anywhere other than the specified areas.
7.3 All entrant expenses are the sole responsibility of the Winners.
7.4 All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the prize provider, manufacturer or supplier.
7.5 Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and is non-transferable or convertible to other substitutes and cannot be used in conjunction with any other vouchers, offers or discounts, including without limitation any vouchers or offers of Revcomps.com or other prize suppliers.
9. Winners’ Personal Data
9.1 Acceptance of the prize by the Winner will mean they are required to have their photo and video taken by Revcomps.com for promotional purposes (Public Relations and Marketing), both immediately after their win and in the future for use in accordance with rule 6.2, unless prohibited by law.
9.2 By entering a Competition, you agree to the use of your name and/or photograph or other likeness to be used for marketing purposes as required by Comp4u if you are declared a Winner.
10. Limits of Liability Comp4u makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability of any of the goods or services offered as prizes. Except for liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Comp4u , Comp4u shall not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained to person or property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission by Comp4u , or its servants or agents, in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods by any person to the prize Winner(s) and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying the Winner(s), or in connection with any of the Competitions promoted by Comp4u.
11. Electronic Communications In the event that Comp4u closes a Competition early, the Winner will be selected from all valid and eligible entries received by Comp4u prior to the date of closure. Comp4u shall not be liable for any economic or other consequential loss suffered or sustained to any persons to whom an award has been incorrectly made, and no compensation shall be due. Comp4u shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the software and website(s) used to operate its Competitions perform correctly and accurately across the latest versions of popular internet, tablet and mobile browsers. For the avoidance of doubt, only the ticket recorded in our systems, however displayed or calculated, shall be entered into the relevant Competition and Comp4u shall not be held liable for any competition entries that occur as a result of malfunctioning software or other event.
12. Data Protection Notice Any personal data that you supply to Comp4u or authorise Comp4u to obtain from a third party, for example, a credit card company, will be used by Comp4u to administer the Competition and fulfil prizes where applicable. In order to process, record and use your personal data Comp4u may disclose it to (i) any credit card company whose name you give; (ii) any person to whom Comp4u proposes to transfer any of Comp4u rights and/or responsibilities under any agreement Comp4u may have with you; (iii) any person to whom Comp4u proposes to transfer its business or any part of it; (iv) comply with any legal or regulatory requirement of Comp4u in any country; and (v) prevent, detect or prosecute fraud and other crime. In order to process, use, record and disclose your personal data Comp4u may need to transfer such information outside the United Kingdom, in which event Revcomps.com is responsible for ensuring that your personal data continues to be adequately protected during the course of such transfer.
13. To enter a competition by post, send an unenclosed post card with: ACCOUNT NUMBER AND EMAIL at the top clearly written – account number can be found in your account profile. Set your address, date of birth and phone number up in your account before sending the post card to ensure a correct match. Include on the post card: Name, Address, DOB, Contact phone number, name of prize, and correct answer for that competition, if an answer is required. Post by 1st or 2nd post class to: Comp4u, Unit 9 Short Way, Thornbury, South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom, BS35 3UT. You will not be contacted to confirm entry until the entry list is completed. If your entry was received in time you will be entered into the entry list for that draw, which you can check to confirm entry. Postal entries are limited to one competition entrant per postcard – do not send multiple postcards in one envelope – they will not be counted. Send an unenclosed post card with information on the back. The Entrant must specify which competition they wish to enter. We will allocate a random number to the entry from the available numbers left. Entries must be received 24 hours before the designated draw time on the prize page to allow time for them to be processed. Sending a postal entry does not guarantee entry to a draw. Postal entries will not be counted if a prize sells out before the processing time that day or if the prize has already been drawn. It is advised that you give your entry plenty of time to arrive, we cannot be held responsible for Royal Mail’s delivery times. All postcard entries will be shredded and disposed of after processing, including entries received after the draw. The postal entries will be treated in the same manner as the online entries, in addition the postal entries will be entered into the ‘Live Draws’ in the same manner. If we deem one person is attempting to enter using multiple names and addresses all associated entries will be voided. Standard competition terms and conditions apply for postal entries. You must include the name of the prize exactly as displayed on the website. You must be registered as a customer on our website before sending your postal entry – use the same name on your account as on your entry. Failure to match a registered account with your postal entry will result in disposal of your entry. You can register for an account here: https://www.comp4u.co.uk/account/register
14. Promoter: Comp4u Ltd.
Registered in England & Wales under Companies Act 1985.
Company No: 14009843
Unit 9 Short Way, Thornbury, South Gloucestershire, United Kingdom, BS35 3UT
Phone. 01454 414537
- Refunds/Return Policy
All Entries to the Competition are final and no refunds shall be made at any time or for any reason, except in the case of entries submitted after the Closing Date or if the Promoter cancels the competition.
15.1 In the event a customer wishes to swap tickets for a different prize and there are tickets available at the time of the request we will allow the swap to take place, additional monies may be requested to cover the difference.
15.2 Each Entrant agrees that the usual requirement under the Consumer Protection(Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 for any goods and services ordered online to be supplied within 30 days will not apply to this Prize Competition.